The "I wanna felt" hat.



June 23, 2009
First let me start by saying that felting is addicting! If you haven't tried it yet, you should :-) Ok, now for the project. I have not had an excuse to felt in a while, and had some extra yarn lying around that I wanted to do something with. My daughter has been into hats lately, so I looked for felted hat patterns. (There are some crazy and weird patterns out there!) I found this pattern http://www.knitaddicted.com/html/28.html , grabbed my needles and began knitting.

As I started the yarn kept falling apart. I am not sure why it is coming apart, but since this will be felted everything should be fine.


Here I cast on and knit 2". All the "legs" are where I had to tie yarn together. Luckily felting is forgiving :-)



June 24, 2009
Here I have completed the first decrease, and will knit 3". The project will roll due to the stockinette stitch (on straight needles knit/pearl, on circular just knit).


June 24, 2009 ( again )

This project is knitting faster than I thought it would, which keeps me motivated to knit more :-)

Here I have finished knitting 3" from the marker, and decreased. Notice only the edges curl now. I believe I have also passed the "yucky" stage of my yarn. There is less breakage and the yarn is not as fragile now. (yeah! no more legs ) Now to knit 8".

June 25, 2009



Eight inches knit from the knit marker. Now to decrease for the crown and it is finished!












Woo hoo, it is finished. Now I just need to felt it, or I could leave it as is :-). Ha Ha!

If I add eye holes she could go for the Dumb Donald look (from Fat Albert)


June 30, 2009



Here is the final project, felted and dried :-). I knit a tie to go with it.
Funky, but cute!

What to knit next?

0 comments:



Post a Comment